Five ways to feel happier today is a title I use to describe my get-out-of-fear techniques which I use when ever I feel my thinking habits are steering towards anxiety and sadness.
‘Happiness, after all, is our birthright!’
Without my meditation, yoga and mindfulness I could easily be prone to worrying. I’m also not claiming that I never get anxious as I do, I also feel unhappy at times, yet it is my attitude that has changed and hence why am I able to balance my emotions easier than I used to be able.
- Accept that life if full of changes and you can’t always get what you want in the way you want it. I feel for me this about is going within and making peace there rather than putting conditions on my happiness in the external world. There are things I want and things that I have been struggled to manifest, yet beneath all of the changes and sometimes disappointments, why beneath all this is my higher self and I access this part of myself by learning to sit still.
- Study yourself and look for patterns- by doing this you have a good chance of breaking them. The simplest way I feel to do this is to keep a journal. Review your day at the end of each day and be on the look out for habits that may be holding you back and learn from them.
- Slow the breathing down. Everyone is different so do what is best for you. I try to inhale for the count of five, hold my breath for the could of five and exhale for the count of five. I call it my distress tonic.
- Focus on the positives and see any negatives as valuable lessons. Also, stop chasing the highs in life and fearing the lows. Instead, think about how short life is and how each day is a blessing. Old movies remind me of how precious life really is as they show people from the past.
- Find at least one thing to be grateful for in your day. Even after a horrible day, think of one thing and in turn steer any thinking patterns into happiness.
So this is what I do to help lift my spirits. What do you do? Please share in the comments.
Let me ask you a question…
WHAT’S YOUR HAPPINESS WORTH TO YOU?
So many people live their lives thinking that happiness can only be acquired once they’ve achieved success. The truth is we don’t have to wait until everything in our lives is great to feel happy.
Lots of people spend countless days, weeks, and years overworking towards success and happiness, only to end up spending most of their lives miserable.
You don’t have to wait that long.You can choose to OWN YOUR HAPPINESS NOW and live your life to its fullest.
And that’s exactly what my course will do for you 🙂
You will learn to find happiness amidst a busy day.
The Word Sprite
P.S for a free mediation guide for busy beginners, join my mailing list today.