Hello, my name is Janey Bowyer and I would like to welcome you to The Word Sprite! The Busy bod’s Blueprint For Mindfulness, meditation, Self-help, yoga and more!
“My primary mission is to equip people with the tools of mindfulness, meditation, self-help, yoga and more but in a way that makes them accessible to all, and relevant today.”
If you are wondering where the title The Word Sprite sprung from, well a sprite is a kind of fairy, and some say I remind them of one! What do you think?
Please check out this short video I made about my blog and book. It captures what I’m about.
I grew up on a hill in the north of England. My early years were tough and full of sadness. Even back then I had the hope of turning my life around.
From a young age, I wanted to live in London. So one day in my late teens, I bought a one-way ticket and travelled to London with little money in my pocket and a bit of blind faith. It was overwhelming for me to see London for the first time through the eyes of a teenager travelling alone.
The following year I discovered yoga and writing. I wasn’t very good at either due to Dyslexia, lack of flexibility and poor posture. So I worked hard at studying for more than a decade. I studied writing novels, articles, Hatha and Kundalini yoga. During all this time, I managed to work my way up from an office junior staff position to a supervisor.
Through my personal experience of trying to stay yogic in a busy world and having to be creative with my time, I came up with the concept of teaching yoga and holistic solutions for modern living.
My primary mission is to equip people with the tools of mindfulness, meditation, self-help and yoga for improved modern day life, but in a way that is accessible to all and relevant today.
My Udemy Courses and also my blog The Word Sprite offer holistic solutions to modern living.
I’d like to share some of the lessons I have learnt
- Do one thing at a time
- Let courage be your sail in the ship of life
- Kindness is taking time to rest and nurture yourself
- You can’t change someone else; you can only work on yourself
- To be real is to be one’s authentic self
- To have faith and feel gratitude can be challenging but worth the effort
- Life is about self-responsibility; there’s only for so long that you can keep blaming others, for your life
- Our greatest enemy is our fear
- Love is real and fear is an illusion
- It is okay to make mistakes and healthy to experience failure
The very best thing you can do for the whole world is to make the most of yourself.” Wallace Wattle
The Word Sprite